pioneer avic f900bt

Dano190485

hi all was wondering if any of u had the pioneer avic f900bt, im looking at buying one and was wondering what u thought of it as ive read some general reviews but wondered what its like in the 350 with the bose sound system upgrade

Meant to say it sounds loads better that the stock Bose even with the standard speakers but to really get the best out of it you need to upgrade everything :thumbs:

The Nissan handsfree doesn't work but I never had that to start with. The f900bt has built in bluetooth which works perfectly with the correct adapters etc as do all the other steering wheel controls.

You do not have to change everything at all, I didn't to start with but when someone on here was selling some lovely speakers I couldn't resist. The Pioneer unit sounds a LOT better than the originial Bose, but you do need some boosters otherwise the volume level is pretty low :thumbdown:

Have a search in the I.C.E. section there is a great post by a guy called srobrien and also I think BulletMagnet has posted some info too as he has a f900bt.

Whatever you do don't pay £150 for the 3.x update card from pioneer, I can talk you through doing it for free ;) other members can confirm this :thumbs: It makes the unit so much quicker and easier to use than the old 2.x software :thumbdown:

Any questions just drop me a PM, happy to help :teeth:

How does the Bluetooth work then through the speaker on your mobile or what? Surely there's away of using the mic and speakers from the one I have fitted

The f900 comes with a mic I have mounted mine up on my a-pillar.

The only thing that does not work is the answer call button on the steering wheel. I am not sure the bluetooth nissan thing in the cubby works with any aftermarket HU same with the birdview satnav too as far as I know...

The f900 bluetooth comes through the speakers and works flawlessly.

Where have you seen the unit, must be a bit cheaper than I paid for mine xmas 09 as there are new units out now... I think I paid £650 for mine but was extra for the ipod cable etc and all the looms and steering adapter etc...

If you do get one I would suggest getting it fitted by a pro, I had a go at mine and it whined and wasn't good :surrender: had to get someone to sort it out :blush:

Well not sure where I'm getting it yet buddy. Been looking every where the cheapest I have found is like £700 though. Where u get yours from. Yea def going to het it fitted by a pro lol haven't got a clue about wiring and I get stressed very easily lol. So what u driving then buddy you had her long

Sent you a PM back Dano :)

Hacked in this case is not a bad thing :D

If you can, try and find a Halfrauds or car audio shop that still have the F900BT on display and want to get rid.

I was lucky enough to spot one in my local Halfrauds and it was on a managers special, guess they needed the space for newer models that were coming out. I paid £350 for mine boxed and nothing missing, add the various looms, boosters, ground loop isolators you'll need and iPod cable and you prolly have to add another £100 odd.

Main thing during install is patience and being gentle with dash trim, other than that it should be pretty straight forward.

Good luck with the shopping and install

im going to get it fitted by pros when i do get it so they should know what looms and that i will need, surely? also whats the biggest sd card u can use with it as this is one of the main things im buying for. be great to get away from cd and all the cases that are in all my little cubby holes lol