Exhaust Help Required

ozwald

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've got...

This is the situation.... Nismo zorst on the car, on Saturday fitted some Ultimate Racing HFC's, all was well and good for about 6 hours... then horrid rattle develops. Had the car up on a lift this evening.... problem: left hand side flexi element has broken... fan-f**king-tastic.

Usefully Nismo don't have a warranty on the flexi pipe so there goes that avenue, recommended fix is to take off the Y Pipe, cut out the Flexi and weld in a new piece.

Now this is where I need help, found some on Demon-Tweeks;

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorspor ... /1883/5140

However I don't know what measurement they take for the pipe, is it the bore of the exhaust, or the outer diameter!? Obvious answer would be to call them tomorrow, but want to get it ordered tonight.

Can anyone help!?!? The poor thing currently sounds like a bag of nails, and that's just not right! :(

No such places like that over here in Jersey.... :(

One of the many reasons why Jersey takes the proverbial, however upon actually reading the description on my link above that part is not to be used for the flexi parts of the exhaust.... a little more searching reveals...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorspor ... /1883/6050

Now, I'm gonna presume here that the 'inlet diameter' would be the bore of the exhaust... can anyone confirm if this presumption is correct?

mines had to get replaced and it cost in the region of 200quid. The guys that repaired it said that they are fitted under tension or something which then puts stress on them causing the flexi's to go. They are also renowned for breaking berks im sure

Yea, that's what it's costing to get put right Neil, both flexi's being cut out and new ones welded in.... on Friday hopefully.... if the flexi's arrive.... :headhurt:

Sunday sounds good chippy, however not too early, I'm out on Saturday night! :surrender: