Bose problem, not any of the usual suspects

st3ven1

Added the mp3 mod to the bose head unit today, but unfortunately once I plugged everything back in most of the buttons don't work only the power and volume work. So I can't change between cd/radio/mp3 etc, the mod itself works fine, just can't change back to cd or radio, skip buttons don't work either.

I've tried taking everything back out, double checking everything is plugged in the right place, as that's the kind of problem it sounds like to me.

:thumbs: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just followed the guides on here, only other thing I can think of is that I took away the spring and small metal plate to fool the head unit into thinking there is always a tape in. Are you thinking that the solder might of been untidy/joined onto the wrong points? Because I was really careful to connect the right points and I've done loads of soldering before, then wrapped all exposed wire with electrical tape.

Really not sure what to try next, could revert it back to the way it was and see if it all works, don't really want to have to do that though. :shrug:

I just followed the guides on here, only other thing I can think of is that I took away the spring and small metal plate to fool the head unit into thinking there is always a tape in. Are you thinking that the solder might of been untidy/joined onto the wrong points? Because I was really careful to connect the right points and I've done loads of soldering before, then wrapped all exposed wire with electrical tape.

Really not sure what to try next, could revert it back to the way it was and see if it all works, don't really want to have to do that though. :shrug:

Not an expert on this problem, but thought that some photo's may help someone suggest a solution. Cannot really comment further though, sorry.

Right, I've done it all again, took the head unit out the car, cut the soldered cable off, exposed fresh cable, re-soldered it back on, made sure everything was tidy, put it all back together and now everything works except the volume control :angry: and now my phone switches itself off when I connect the headphone jack to it, suggesting a short somewhere! really trying my patience this one.

Twice ;)

I'll try again 2moro evening, is it maybe worth trying to ground it somewhere else other than soldering it on to the PCB?

there should be a proper ground point and it needs a good connection on to good bare metal to achieve a good ground. the zed headunit and any after market headunit in the zed wont work with out it.