Drivers side door!

Nevesy

Hopefully someone will be able to help, well after a few months of care free driving the first real problem has cropped up! The drivers side door will not open from inside or out, as you can imagine this is a real pain in the behind! I managed to get the door open last night, and had the door card off today to take a look see at the mechanism but all appears fine. Does anyone have any idea's as to what it could be? Thanks in advance!

Did the handle feel fine though? If this is the case I will take the mechanism out and lube it up. I had hoped that it's a safety feature of some sort thats been activated by accident, I have read that holding the unlock button to do up the windows or something can help, but I cant get the windows to do up from the key fob, have I been misinformed?

Not sure about that mate. When I unlocked it using the fob u could hear it trying to unlock but as if it wasn't catching if that makes sense? Hard to describe.same thing when unlocking it manually with the key. Wouldn't unlock. Handle just felt as if it was locked the whole time

At first it would open after trying a few times then a day later it gave up altogether

Yeah it feel's like its locked, even when the door was open it felt the same, I had a look at the catch when I was pulling the handle and there was nothing moving, however on the passenger side you could see some bits moving. I'll whip the mechanism out tomorrow and see how I get on, fingers crossed with a touch of lube all should be good.