Cleaning B pillars after removing CF Wraps

rodgeevans

Seen a couple of posts where people have removed there CF B-pillar wraps and been left with taty looking covers underneath so heres how i got my old ones to look nice and shinney again.

To remove the glue i used one of the cloth style brilo pads with meths. This left the covers looking very horrible and dull. Next i used some wet and dry to remove any surface scratches that would ruin the finish. next i applied rubbing compound to the covers and used a drill with a foam buffer on to really rub the compound in, this could be done by hand but it takes long enough with the drill so not advised, after this stage was complete i used the drill with a polishing attachement to polish the covers back to a clean shine and looking like new. You may need to repeat the last couple of steps to get them looking perfect. I will post some pictures of the equipment i used but cant post any of the B-Pillars as i have no before shots and they have now gone to Ian in exchange for his nismo ones. But thought i would share the process i used to get them nice and shiny again so i felt i could exchange them with him for the nismo ones.