Front (side) lights have stopped working

andyvvc

I took the Zed down the motorway and back tonight whilst the weather holds-off, to get some charge in the battery. I noticed when i started the car that the front side-lights dont light up. Main beam and full-beam are ok, side lights aren't. The rear lights are ok when i turn the switch to side-lights.

I dont think both (or all 4?) normal non-zenon bulbs have gone in the front. And i doubt its wiring either (but i guess it could be condensation?).

Am i right in thinking there are THREE fuse boxes on the Zed, and the one i need to look in is the longer, thinner one in the engine bay (where?) that is a biatch to get the lid off? Anyone got a pic of what im looking for fuse-box wise?

Hopefully it's just one/two of the sidelight fuses that have gone pop... too cold and dark to check now :cold: , but i'll have a look in the morning (if i can find the correct fuse box) :lol:

Thanks!

Managed to get to the third, secret fuse box behind the battery. Even Annekka Rice didnt have to go through this much crap to find the next clue ! :lol:

I've taken all 4 of the main headlight fuses out -(Right side Hi and Lo, Left side Hi and Lo). All the 15amp fuses are in perfect order, no breaks or burnt residue inside them. I swapped Hi for Lo and i still have the same problem, no working sidelights. Main Beam zenons, plus high-beam normal lights are perfectly ok.

I think this leaves just two possibilities then:

1 - BOTH sidelight bulbs have blown at the front

2 - the relay for the sidelights might need replacing?

Pics of the location of the third fuse bix are attached. Removal of the trim is easy enough - replacing the trim wasnt so easy :blackeye:

I'll go and have a search of the forum...is headlight bulb replacement a wheel-off, arch-liner off jobbie...? :blink:

cimg2035a.jpg[/url]

cimg2036am.jpg

ARRRRGGGGHHHH ! ! ! What is it with Nissan and front-headlught bulbs? I had to loosen the front bumper, remove the centre grill and then unscrew the headlights on my 200sx before i could get at the bulbs. Now i have to remove both front wheels and arch-liners to replace two poxy sidelight bulbs on the 350! What's it like on the GTR? Do you need to remove the ruddy engine before you can get at the bulbs??? :teeth:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6089&hilit=replace+headlight+bulb

I'll tackle this later in the week. I need to source some replacement sidelight bulbs first. (W5W ?)