hi guys got my 350z

bhams_stud

hi

you probably remember my last topic of me buying a 350z thanks for your help on that one.

i bought the £13000 one, drives nicely, the girls cant get enough babe magnet.

but i was wondering on all the 350z's is it kind of hard to change gear like kinda put some force in if u know wat i mean, my engine oil is runnig out aswell, which one shall i but and where from, tell me something guys wats with the engine oil stick did the designer hav one 2 many, took me half an hour finding the slot again

wat other things shall i check on the z to make it run smooth?

i noticed after speeding i brake i hear a little click, i heard about the rear axle thing, but mine is ok then one off makes that noise? any suggestions thanks guys!

:welcome:

Take a look at the FAQ section and the warranty section for the most commonly known issues.

Gearbox should feel chunky and solid, but not an effort. Some people have cold start glitch with getting into first I think. Nothing much other than that.

The rear axle click is normally at low speeds and sounds like a slightly louder tick than an exhaust cooling down. Not heard of it while braking before....

:welcome:

A Zed for £13K... frightening.

Sounds like classic clicking wheel syndrome - happens whenever you put stress on the rear axle - acceleration or deceleration.

Dipstick is a known nightmare.... I think the design is described as 'challenging'. Several threads on the forum discussing the best oil to use... do a search or wait for those in the know to come along...

Add a grounding kit to make the engine smoother... lots of forum members have and swear it makes a difference.

Enjoy... the car and the babes ( we will require picture evidence of both of course .... )

congrats on the new car

1st to second from cold is always a bit clunky but it smooths out the rest of the changes should be fairly smooth

it may sound simple but make sure you have fully pressed down the clutch pedal before changing the pedal

some people on here have said that their 4yh to 6th is very crunchy-but thats my smoothest one

it maynot be a clicking axle , when i bought mine it would click on heavy acceleration and breaking, it turned out to be the locking nuts rolling about the the lock box!!!!, take all manuals etc. out of all the rear compartments, ensure all the tools and tyres in the back are secure , and try again -the sound may go

• 7 months later...