Transporting an immobile vehicle

MacW

Hi guys,

I've got an old Land Rover currently hiding somewhere in the wilds of Oxfordshire which needs its engine replacing.

The mechanics who have had it for the last 18 months are dragging their heals about sorting it out (I must add the 18 month delay is not due to them dragging their heals, that's a recent thing) so I was thinking of having it transported closer to home and using a local indy to sort it out.

I've never had a vehicle transported before so am unsure what the best way to go about it is. Does anyone know if it's cheaper to ask the AA/RAC to help out or just to go straight to some sort of flatbed hire company?

Cheers guys.

Just a few points to remember - you are limited by law to 55mph for the trailer and the transporter (is restricted to 55) so consider that if you have far to travel. (I speak from experience) . if you passed your test before 1995 I you can drive the 3.5Tonner transporters otherwise no.

Price for transporter is about what Martin mentioned but just ensure they tell you how everything works properly with the hydraulics etc and be careful with them!

I borrowed one locally - most hire places do them. Good luck

Theres not any cars or 4x4's that i can think off which you can legaly tow a 4x4 (landrover) with. As the weight of them!

I can transport it on a tilt and slide truck, also based just outside oxfordshire in Westcott, £1 a mile + £40 :thumbs: