Drivers seat squeak -fixed!!!

janoof1

OK so ive only had the z for a month now and about 2 weeks into ownership the drivers side seat started to squeak , it was mainly during side to side movements(Happens alot :thumbs: ) and going over bumpy roads (try not to happen alot :thumbdown: ) and it was getting progressively worse to a stage that the stereo would not mask the sound.

It felt like it was coming from the base of the seat not the back part

it was under warranty so i was just gonna nissan to sort it out

but i managed to fix it :thumbs:

all it required was turning the 2 big cogs on the side of the seat to their extremities back and forth a couple of times, and the noise was gone :thumbs:

i was jumping on the seat to check it and the seat did not make a a sound

this might not work for everyone because i think there is a known issue with the seat but anything helps i guess!!

OK so ive only had the z for a month now and about 2 weeks into ownership the drivers side seat started to squeak , it was mainly during side to side movements(Happens alot :thumbs: ) and going over bumpy roads (try not to happen alot :thumbdown: ) and it was getting progressively worse to a stage that the stereo would not mask the sound.

It felt like it was coming from the base of the seat not the back part

it was under warranty so i was just gonna nissan to sort it out

but i managed to fix it :thumbs:

all it required was turning the 2 big cogs on the side of the seat to their extremities back and forth a couple of times, and the noise was gone :thumbs:

i was jumping on the seat to check it and the seat did not make a a sound

this might not work for everyone because i think there is a known issue with the seat but anything helps i guess!!

We have cogs on the sides of our seats? :wacko:

yeah two big cogs bottom right hand corner of the seat to adjust the angle and height of the base, mine is a uk gt with the black leather

You learn something new everyday :thumbs:

You know more than most :blush:

Yep I do :thumbs:

Cos your stupid :bleh:

Read your previous post :p:bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: