What will this be like ...

ChrisUUC

Mainly directed at users who have similar setups or Alex or Abbey etc if they have experience.

As of next week my system will consist of the following:

Kinetix Racing High Flow Cats

Ichiba Y Pipe

Stock "catback" system

A) What will it sound like?

B) What gains will it give after a proper Uprev custom remap?

Bearing in mind its now paired with Stock intake system with HKS SH panel Filters.

Many thanks guys, Reason im asking this is should I go for a system for better gains and sound? lol

Chris

id have thought it would bit simalr to stock but a little more tuned although it will probably rasp liek mad due to the larg Y pipe dumping to smaller oem exhaust. only one way to find out though and if you dont liek it just get the ramianing bit swapped for something you like :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm im starting to love the DC Sports exhaust now ... could someone please post there DC exhaust on there zed ...

Out of interest is this the exhaust that everyone goes for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-DC ... ccessories

Evo magazine had the DC Sports system on their long term test 350Z. From what I remember they seemed to be fans of it so I assume it's a pretty tasteful noise. You can probably still read the reports on their web site. I think they might have had the exhaust manifolds too though.

oh no stupid question at all.

the DC and all other true duals have 2 pipes all the way unliek the stock setup that has the y pipe to merge the 2 outlets from each cylinder bank soooooo...

stock is 2 headers ,2 cats , y pipe then single mid pipe, back box

true dual is 2 headers , 2 cats and then 2 mid pipes , back box or hat ever its going to have to finsih the key being 2 mid pipes so if you get the ichiba y pipe youl ahve to get rid of it becuase the DC does not merge the mid pipes it stays as 2 the whole way.

best way is to take a look at the website nd youl see what i mean if you dont get it already...

To expand on Yokomo's explanation, here's a True dual piccy:

350zDual3.jpg

Note the fact that each cat gets it's own mid section rather than sharing one via a Y-pipe. :thumbs:

To be honest I wouldn't stress to much about the true dual thing. Assuming you're keeping the car NA, the difference in performance between the stock exhaust and the most expensive dogs danglies exhaust isn't that much. I'd just go for one you like the look, sound and cost of, that will be much more noticable day to day than the performance difference.

Thanks alot guys much appreciated and completely understand the meaning of this now.

The link I posted from Ebay is that the true dual system that everyone goes for? I love the look of it and the sound is really meaty withoiut being raspy ... very cool.

What way would you describe shires system on his in terms of sound?

Nismo (ish) - deep

or Buddy club (ish) - raspy?

Talking to the guy in the states now thats getting me my ichiba, ive to wait a while for it to come into stock so have siad price me for the sdc sports to see how much extra id have to put to the money ive given for the y pipe. :D