Squeak from rear strut

JetSet

Started making a high pitched squeak last night when going over bumps or rough roads.. I've almost certainly identified it as coming from the rear strut inside the boot, I've found that I can replicate the squeak by simply pressing down on the silver "Z" part of the strut which looks to just be a cover. Is there anything that could possibly squeak underneath there or could it be the cover that's making the noise?

Thanks,

Pete

EDIT, Could the extra weight of the spoiler that's just been fitted have anything to do with it?

I had a squeak from the strut too or so I thought. I took the Z cover off and greased the underside every where it makes contact with the strut bar, that got rid of about 50% of the squeak. I tracked the rest down to the poly moulding under the boot floor that sits around the jack and spare wheel, the jack was rubbing on the moulding making a squeak. Was also squeaking from the tailgate latch loop that had come a bit loose, removed the tailgate lining and tightened the screws and all quiet.

There are a couple of long plastic teeth under the cover that stick through holes in the strut bar... They don't hold it in place and can only make make a brittle, nails-on-a-blackboard sound. Get rid of them! ;)

You have to pop off all the black parts around it to get it off though, which is a pain.