Spa Francorchamps + Nurburgring 28.10.2006

CDR_UK

Marc Duez (Belgian race driver) is organising another circuit day at Spa Francorchamps on Saturday 28th of October. The organisation is top notch. The cost for the event at Spa Francorchamps is 175 EURO for the full day (6x20 min sessions) or 125 EURO for a half day (3x20 min sessions).

It's a good opportunity to drive on one of the best / most beautiful circuits in the world, and with the 3 driver categories there is something for everyone.

For GF's, wives, who don't want to do the passenger thing - there is a very nice spa center in Spa :lol: with various pools, sauna, haman, treatments etc.. so you can treat the mrs whilst treating yourself :thumbs:

As an added bonus, the Nurburgring Nordschleife is open to the public all day the following day, plus the Monday afternoon, so you could optionally go along, and either enjoy driving it, or just watch the vast variety of metal from one of the nice famous corners. The museum at the Nurburgring F1 track will also be open if that floats yer boat. Nurburg is 1 hour 20 mins (driving along very nice roads) from Spa.

More details here in French: http://www.marc-duez.be/testdays.html (if anyone needs help or has questions - let me know!)

I will be going, and it would be nice to see some of you there!

I live about 100 miles from that track. Maybe i ll pop along. Not too sure about taking the car on it dough (I ve already ridden there a couple of times on my motorcycle :teeth:)

Which track - Spa Francorchamps or Nurburgring Nordschleife? It would be nice to meet you, but you will be missing out of you don't take your car - as you should know from having ridden your bike there ;)

I live about 100 miles from that track. Maybe i ll pop along. Not too sure about taking the car on it dough (I ve already ridden there a couple of times on my motorcycle :teeth:)

Which track - Spa Francorchamps or Nurburgring Nordschleife? It would be nice to meet you, but you will be missing out of you don't take your car - as you should know from having ridden your bike there ;)

Both :p

Well actually, i ve done the Spa Francorchamps track with the bike (and will do next year too ;) ), and the Nordschleife i have done a few bike laps and a few laps with my previous car.

The Francorchamps track I know, but i am a complete Nordschleife nOOb (takes +50 laps before you get to know it, and i m not doing that track by bike again, way to dangerous :wacko: )

And I will come with my car, its just that i first want to see how a car track-day goes. I ve done plenty of trackdays with my bike, but then again i dont use my bike on public roads :teeth: I dont feel like crashing my pride and joy due to someone else's fault, needing to prove he is the new Schumacher.

Both :p

Lucky for you! If I were you i'd have a season ticket for the ring! :teeth:

Well actually, i ve done the Spa Francorchamps track with the bike (and will do next year too ;) ), and the Nordschleife i have done a few bike laps and a few laps with my previous car.

The Francorchamps track I know, but i am a complete Nordschleife nOOb (takes +50 laps before you get to know it, and i m not doing that track by bike again, way to dangerous :wacko: )

And I will come with my car, its just that i first want to see how a car track-day goes. I ve done plenty of trackdays with my bike, but then again i dont use my bike on public roads :teeth: I dont feel like crashing my pride and joy due to someone else's fault, needing to prove he is the new Schumacher.

The Marc Duez Day's are well organized, and anything that looks like dangerous driving, intimidating of other drivers, or racing - will see you quickly excluded from the event.

The Nordschleife is not something I would want to do on a bike :scare: .... but in a car :yahoo:

So you are definatly coming then? Where are you coming from when crossing Belgium?

Yes I'm definitely going. I will be driving up from Geneva. Not finalised my plans yet, so not sure which exact route I will take this time, but I will be at Spa on the 27th at the latest. Then about 8am on 29th I will cut down and across to the ring with at least 2 others, and probably stay until 30th evening.