Non Brembo Brakes

sss107

Hi guys, ive got a JDM Non Brembo 350Z and need to replace front discs and pads. Was wondering what options I have in replacing these. Ive seen the usual Red Stuff pads (60ish) and EBC Discs (around 100 ish) Is this my best option? (without spending a fortune!) Will upgrade the brake pipes and some new fluid in there too... Oh and the car is totally stock atm.

Cheers :)

Hi guys, ive got a JDM Non Brembo 350Z and need to replace front discs and pads. Was wondering what options I have in replacing these. Ive seen the usual Red Stuff pads (60ish) and EBC Discs (around 100 ish) Is this my best option? (without spending a fortune!) Will upgrade the brake pipes and some new fluid in there too... Oh and the car is totally stock atm.

Cheers :)

what way are you currently driving the car and what way are you planning on driving the car after you fitted pads? To recommend a pad for you I think you need to first answer that Q. :blush:

FYI had standard non brembos before and used EBC yellowstuff pads, fine for fast road and plenty of time between hard braking... for track they where not up for it at all, this was probably due to my setup becoming VERY VERY HOT (melting) and the ebc pad couldn't handle the heat (neither could the caliper or brake fluid to be honest).

As a guide, i spent around £700 on non-brembo brake upgrades last year, and it wasnt worth it. The non-brembos are just too small for the car.

I uprated to grooved and vented DBA discs @ £300+, Endless VN pads @ £110+ and braided lines... + standard rear discs. This was considered a fast road setup, but they took far far too long to warm up, meaning that standard performance was very poor.