Nissan extended warranty?

bodyboarder

Hi all my zed will be out of warranty in a few months and i am concidering getting an extra 2 year main dealer warranty and wandered if i should get it or not? The trouble is i have already swopped the exhaust , wheels and will be putting coilovers on soon as well, so the warranty wont cover these parts obviously, so is it worth getting? I only do about 4k a year in it any way but all it would take is one thing to go wrong with the engine and i could quite easily spend the cost of the extra warranty...... dont know what to do :dry: What do you think?......

The extended warranty is underwritten by 2 companies....AA being one, cant remember the other. It is not a Nissan warranty.....Be warned. I bought mine only because it covers the roadster

roof motors, which i was led to believe fail and can cost circa £700 plus fitting.

The warranty i have (AA) didnt cover water in my headlights..I was informed that the light units are "Trim"...Another get out clause.. :bang:

This IS nissan uk extended warranty as i asked that same question about who was the warranty with. I am pretty sure you can only get this warranty if you are in the 3 year manufactures warranty. My dads boss bought a 58 plate zed and has a 5 year warranty with it so i guess this is what i will be getting. I think i will phone up again and quizz them about it.

I was given a 1 year (up to 100000 mile) extended warranty when i bought my Z. It's a proper nissan manufacturers warranty not the aftermarket type. I'm told that it covers me for exactly what is covered under the original 3 year warranty. All the paperwork should be from nissan and it comes with a nissan warranty booklet.

I think it's worth having as it gives you some piece of mind.

The other warranty they offer is from carcare. That's what i have. I had a 2 year warranty and just after i bought my zed (04), i had some issues with the gearbox and they "attempted" to fix it (unsuccessfully!), R35LEE done some digging and found out that the work that they did do, cost the warranty company 2.5k! NICE! It's going back to Nissan soon for the 2nd attempt! :wacko: