advice on replacing cats - oem or hfc or decat?

kevlo

Hi guys and girls, my engine management light is on at the moment as i have an inefficient catalytic converter. I have a warranty that will pay the first £500 to replace it, so i have a few questions?

How much will a new cat cost direct from nissan(i know they are stealers but it wouldnt be me paying)?

for the cost of the above. would i be able to get a set of HFC's from an aftermarket company?

if not would you advise getting decats?

with decats or HFC's will it automatically put the engine management light on?

any help much appreciated

thansk

k

where do i get berk hfc's? how much are they? will they affect the sound? will they put the engine mgment light on?

sorry for all the questions :)

If you get decats, unless you have a freindly tester you will have to put your cats back on to pass the test. If you dont have a nice tester then HFC's.

where do i get berk hfc's? how much are they? will they affect the sound? will they put the engine mgment light on?

sorry for all the questions :)

1) Lots of traders on here will sell you HFCs. I got my Berks from Sarah (Chilli Red).

2) They're less than £500. Call it £500-ish fitted.

3) Yes, they affect the sound. A little louder (c.4db increase I think) and a little more aggressive - they sound wonderful actually!

4) The garage that installs the HFCs should reset any fault code that appears so your engine management light should not come on.

HTH,

Alex