Alarming fuel discovery!

chrisjones6699

i had an old peugeot where the fuel reading increased on roundabouts - i hoped that if i drove everywhere pirrowetting to the left i'd never run out of fuel.....

didnt work though :shrug:

i once had a theory that my right hand tires on my punto seemed to wear much faster due to the fast i did more right turns and roundabouts you alwayd go right round them....

.....but i have since been told it was probably the tracking (although i had it done everything bstards Kwick fit!)

A lot of fuel gauges move with the fuel and also reflect the 'economy' the car is experiencing. It doesn't take much to consume fuel in a Zed - I have done nearly a quarter of a tank just moving mine in and out of the garage for cleaning / waxing sessions (over time, not in one go!)

This type of gauge really annoys me... I want my fuel gauge to show how much is physically left in the tank, its absolutely pointless for the gauge to show an increase in fuel level in the tank if I drive more economically - that's what the trip computer is for! :bangin: