Interior door handle removal?

ThyJones

Hi there.

I just pulled my door shut using the interior passenger side door handle, and it snapped.

The bottom of the handle is in tact, the top half is still stuck in the door. Any tips on getting this bit of plastic out, i tried pliers squezing the two sides together yet it didnt work, and was wondering if there was a screw or something else stopping it working?

Cheers

You need to take the silver cover out off the middle. It's clipped in so use a flat head screwdriver to prize it out. Then there's two bolts to undo with a socket set.

Should then be able to pull it all away from the door card.

Hope that helps.

cheers for the reply,

what i mean is though, the whole handle is now totally seperate from the door car, the bottom part is in tack, and it came out with the handle, the top part of the handle appears to be left in the door card, get me?

Prise up the two covers for the arm rest. Disconnect the wiring block from the electric window switch. You will see a couple of small bolts, where the switch cover was, that need to be removed.

Lift up the silver pull handle and remove the 'triangular' shaped piece of black plastic behind it. You will then see another short bolt that needs removed. Once you have done the above, the door card pops off (give it a gentle tug) and you can easily unbolt the broken bits of the plastic handle.