Headlamp Washers....

slimjim

Can someone help me with a headlamp washer problem?

The only bloomin' thing (I hope!) that I forgot to test before I bought the car!

Push the button on the right/bottom of the dash and I get a windscreen wiper noise, but nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something? Or if I need to do something else?

Or if it is going to need "fixing" ....

Cheers guys! :teeth:

Just been out to have another look.

Like I said, there is the noise but nothing else.

It sound like the washer pump is working, but the motor/function for pushing the jets out of the front of the bumper isn't working.

Tried pulling them out manually a little myself and they seem to be on a motor, which doesn't seem to be stuck/seized.

Any ideas peeps? :blush:

Lights need to be on! :thumbs: water needs to be in the tanks..... :wacko:

Yup...

I had the lights on ... and fluid was coming onto the windscreen, so I PRESUMED the washer bottle has fluid in.

Just checked and I SWEAR I just put like 10L of water and screen wash in the thing!

Good news is... washers work fine! Cheers bud... :thumbs:

Mine come out like a water canon,everytime i try & turn esp off i push the headlight washers by accident,alls happens when ive waxed my moter,my spray reaches the boot!! :rant:

haha priceless...if you turn your headlights on and wash your windscreen the headlamp washers should fire one lot of water. If this is true there fine if not you have problems lol.