Heater won't switch off

ENZed

For some reason, the heater (not the heated seats) won't switch off - Yes I have the dial switched to OFF, but it still keeps blowing air and quite fast (around the mid setting if you were to manually choose the setting). The only way I can stop it is if I switch the dial to the lowest setting, but obviously it's still ultimately blowing air into the car. It's only started to happen recently (after 3 weeks of ownership) - It went away temporarily, then when I switched the car o one day there it was blowing air into my face again.

Can anyone help me out/diagnose/poit me in the right direction as to how to stop this annoyance! :bang:

Thanks in advance

Ian

If may be the connector at the back of the air con unit. Worth a check there is a guide on here for removing the centre console it really is pretty easy.

I say it might be this as one time I had mine disconnected and forgot to reconnect, when I switched the ignition on the fans were on max and none of the dials worked, does that sound familiar?

Its the white box underneath the stereo just behind the gear stick, if it is all connected up ok it might just be faulty :shrug: either way worth a check :thumbs:

All of the dials work, it's just when the fan setting is switched to off, it blows full blast. I have to switch to the lowest setting to stop it blowing so hard. However I will have a look later tonight behind the gear knob. Will post an update if I fail/succeed.

Thanks guys

All of the dials work, it's just when the fan setting is switched to off, it blows full blast. I have to switch to the lowest setting to stop it blowing so hard. However I will have a look later tonight behind the gear knob. Will post an update if I fail/succeed.

Thanks guys

Ah sounds like its only going down to auto, not off, still might be a connector problem, no harm checking you dont have to undo anything just pull up on the gear surround and your in!

Can you not just put it down to the lowest setting and shut the vents :shrug:

Just went to have a look at the connector and white box..... and the constant blowing has gone. :shrug:

All I did was pull the centre console off - I didn't even play around with the control unit or anything. Hopefully it won't come back!!

Just went to have a look at the connector and white box..... and the constant blowing has gone. :shrug:

All I did was pull the centre console off - I didn't even play around with the control unit or anything. Hopefully it won't come back!!

Nice one, like I said when I was putting my aftermarket HU in I forgot to plug it in once and got exactly the same problem, hopefully it was just a bit loose and won't come back. Even if it does it is maybe just a loose wire or something so nothing major :thumbs: