Cheapest wheels for winter tyres on the Z?

ir_fuel

Hi,

as i will soon own a 301hp RWD monster called "The Z" B) I will be needing winter wheels/tyres to plow through the snow here when it hits our streets. Now the question is, what is the cheapest solution to get these? I think the biggest "problem" is the wheels, the tyres themselves will not be the issue price-wise. Any suggestions? Nobody selling his old 17" 350z rims or others (dont have to be immaculate, as long as they are straight ;) )?

Hi,

as i will soon own a 301hp RWD monster called "The Z" B) I will be needing winter wheels/tyres to plow through the snow here when it hits our streets. Now the question is, what is the cheapest solution to get these? I think the biggest "problem" is the wheels, the tyres themselves will not be the issue price-wise. Any suggestions? Nobody selling his old 17" 350z rims or others (dont have to be immaculate, as long as they are straight ;) )?

If you PM "Chesterfield" he has an as new set of 18" wheels +tyres ridiculously cheap

Yup - Ive got a set of standard 18" wheels. Got almost new tyres on (covered approx 3500 miles before being taken off).

For sale post here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22&start=0

They have been for sale for ages, and I want to get shut so I can get the golf back in the garage before I have to scrape the ice of the windscreen.

Make me an offer. :)

Hi,

Umm....where do you live that you're expecting all this snow :wacko:

Its in Beligium.

Got to look into postage costs for the wheels from the UK, anyone got any ideas?

cheaper for him to fetch um Chris :headhurt:

Depends, from me to Chesterfield and back is not really a journey I plan on doing in 1 day (checked with routeplanner) + the price of the transfer from continent to England and back, so it depends on how much it is.

Umm....where do you live that you're expecting all this snow :wacko:

Dunno where you live, but overhere i ve regularly seen your average BMW or Merc driver suffer in snowy/ici conditions here, hardly being able to get going where they want coz of RWD + summer tyres. And since i want performance tyres on my car they are for sure not ment to perform well when it is freezing.

tbh mate I would definitely suggest getting some wheels, especially where you are. I know it wouldn't take too long to get to Calais from Charleroi (about 2hours) but I doubt you would get 4 wheels into the car if you decided to take the Z. Perhaps meeting halfway may prove beneficial to both of you?

Failing that, I am sure you aren't too far from a shop that sells new wheels (sure I used to pass one regularly when going down the road from Spy to Mons??).

Lastly perhaps have a look on ebay although you may pay thru the nose for postage on those as well.

Just a shame I am not going to Luxembourg any time soon :(

One slight query tho... 301hp?? How are you getting that? I thought the 06 was 296\7 bhp?

Oh and I would definitely suggest good winter tyres rather than performance tyres over winter, having experienced the weather over there you would I am sure not want to pay for body repairs.

tbh mate I would definitely suggest getting some wheels, especially where you are. I know it wouldn't take too long to get to Calais from Charleroi (about 2hours) but I doubt you would get 4 wheels into the car if you decided to take the Z. Perhaps meeting halfway may prove beneficial to both of you?

I would definatly take another car to do the pickup ;)

One slight query tho... 301hp?? How are you getting that? I thought the 06 was 296\7 bhp?

hp does not exactly equal bhp ;)

Oh and I would definitely suggest good winter tyres rather than performance tyres over winter, having experienced the weather over there you would I am sure not want to pay for body repairs.

My point exactly ;)

As i told him, if we cant arrange something quickly and it would for some reason take lets say 1 month before we can get the tyres to me i m willing to pay half up front, to show i m serious about this, so no worries. We ll figure sth out B)