Offset help...

djrm

No, I'm afraid not. +20 would be better but I can't see that on the list of available offsets.

You could go more aggressive than that but we would need more details to help you eg. whether you're lowered or intend to do so in the future, whether you're prepared to roll your arches etc. :)

Those Rota GTR's can be got in much more agressive offsets than 25.

My mate has the GTR's on his Zed and he's running an offset of 15 on standard suspension - slight rub on the back arch though when suspension compresses - could do with being rolled.

I'd steer clear of spacers if you can - better to get the required offset on the rims in the first place.

My 2nd set of rims are 18 inch Rota Drifts and am running an 18 offset on Tein coilovers but I've had to roll the back arches.

Thanks for the quick answers people! I don't really want to roll arches etc... I have been through all of that on previous cars and just want an almost standard car now with some very nice wheels :D

I don't want spacers as they can wear the bearings out quicker so the right offset is probably best.. I don't mind if they don't come right to the very edge of the arches, I just want them a bit closer than standard as they are almost lost in the arch at the mo!!!

Has anyone got a photo of a Zed with 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears on a 25 offset so I can see the result?

Thanks!

although i 100% agree on getting the offset right as opposed to using spacers. the forces applied on your bearings will be no different if you obtain the same offset through the wheel design or use of spacers.

Oh yeah of course... Ok well I might just go for 25 offset then, could someone post a pic of some wheels with a 25 offset 8.5in wide? Just so I can see what I'm dealing with??

What is the standard offset for Rays wheels on a Zed?

although i 100% agree on getting the offset right as opposed to using spacers. the forces applied on your bearings will be no different if you obtain the same offset through the wheel design or use of spacers.

I agree its not going to make much if any diff in a road car but from my personal (& finicky) point of view having two pieces bolted to the hub (Spacer & Rim) rather than one would have a negative effect on unsprung weight as well as the potential for more bits to go wrong.

I have used spacers in the past and have a set there for the Zed if needed - if they're the proper bolt to the hub motorsport type then its no biggy.