Drivers window

danZman

Hello,

When the drivers window stops responding to the window controls, and requires a "nudge" to get it working again is that the regulator assembly or the actual motor that is naffed?

Ive read the guide on here, which basically involves straightening the brushes on the motor, but does the assembly naff up too?

Driving me insane... I gave it more than a nudge this morning :boxing::boxing:

My drivers window has developed a rattle of late which is really annoying. Also the other day I had the window down, it started to rain so I went to do it up and nothing happened. In the end I pulled over and opened and closed the door and that fixed it and it hasn't happened since. I was wandering if the rattle and the malfunction were linked. Do you think a reset might fix the problems?

Hello,

When the drivers window stops responding to the window controls, and requires a "nudge" to get it working again is that the regulator assembly or the actual motor that is naffed?

Ive read the guide on here, which basically involves straightening the brushes on the motor, but does the assembly naff up too?

Driving me insane... I gave it more than a nudge this morning :boxing: :boxing:

Mine was exactly like yours mate, its just the motor brushes losing contact with the contacts on the motor shaft.

I fixed mine when I wrote the guide quite a few months back now and still have no issues since doing it.

99% of the time a window failure will be down to worn brushes in the motor which can be replaced or reset.

Good luck

Steve