Help !!! Rear parking sensors !?

burgershot

Hi

Just picked up my Z and to my pleasure i found out it has already got rear parking sensors fitted .... but there's nothing in the 'manual' about how they work. Now i'm not a complete novice - the wife's XC90 has got them and i know how they work - slow beeps rising until fast beeps and then a constant beep when you're as close as you want to get.

However we were told all about this when we got the car and so trusted what the salesman and manual told us. But i don't know exactly what the Nissan system does and i don't really want to just presume that it's exactly the same as the Volvo one only to find out that i was being a preumptous idiot when i bang into a wall whilst getting a fast beep.

So please can someone tell me what happens whilst reversing and is it at all possible to get the beeps louder in some sort of system settings - when i have heard the beeps they have been VERY VERY quiet !? In the Volvo the Sound System quietens whilst the parking sensors are activated and the beeps are a LOT more audible.

thanks

BTW - i simply just can NOT wait until i wake up again in the morning to get back in her - now if only i could think up a good name - the only one i have come up with so far is 'Clucking Belle'.

Maybe the dealer would be able to adjust the loudness of the beeps. I normally have the stereo on at a decent sound level when reversing, so I can hear them easily.

Like mentioned above, the beeps will get faster until a constant beep sounds. This means you have about 1 foot left.

I found the beeps on mine far too loud so put some tape over the unit to quieten it down. So, suggest you check where the unit is ( in the boot usually ) and see if it is covered or is behind something. If it is in the open then sounds like it needs adjusting/replacing ( or attaching to stereo speakers :band: )