Ticking Noise

Marios

Recently I seem to be getting a ticking noise at random times whilst driving around, it occurs most when im starting the car off from standstill - it seems to happen when I accelerate gently, could this be something to do with spark plugs?

Anyone experienced this as well?

If you can hear the ticking noise with the engine idling and the car at a standstill it may be the fuel damper - a not unknown issue see this thread as an example:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24433&hilit=fuel+damper

If you can't hear the noise when the car is stationary then follow the checks Beavis as provided ;)

No the car is either beggining to move or moving :)

Assuming its the rear axle, expensive to fix?

I would try and identify where the sound is coming from, Get someone to help you identify the source of the noise before proceeding

+ 1. No point buying a component to fix, unless you know for sure what's causing the clicking. :) Good luck, less us know how you get along.

You may find someone in your area may help, especially if you head along to your local meet.

Yep, always best to get someone else to double check and if does turn out to be the proverbial clicking rear axle issue, here is a useful guide as to what is done to rectify the problem :

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15928&hilit=axle

Don't accept a grease and reassemble job which will last no time at all, but insist on the repair you see in the guide ;)