Ipod solution - keep bose or fit old head unit

bigbramble

Heya,

I normally use an iPod and so have looked at the ghetto mod for my bose stereo in my 05 roadster. Thing is I am wondering if it's just worth fitting the ida-x100 ipod head unit which I have from my old car already. I would use the tape player which obviously would be soul destroying. :D

I know I need a fascia adaptor and the bose loom plug http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product ... ts_id=7879 is there anything else? (I have done a good bit of trawling but I am still unsure) The thing I am not sure about is whether I require this booster or risk having a quiet stereo?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ant.

Youl also want a steering wheel adaptor then your all set , wouldn't worry about the volume if you gave good pre outs . How often dobyoy have the Bose at 100 % so just turn the alpine closer to max .

Do you know, I don't think I have steering wheel control iirc.

I forgot to say I have birdview too :( I don't want to loose it either as other expenses have to take priority over a sat nav update at the moment. If I carry out the mod to the bose tape deck, how good is the quality? I have an FM itrip thingy in my wifes car and it's awful, I couldn't bear anything that bad.

I had a Bose in my Mazda, and surprise surprise it skipped like a kangaroo on speed!

I knew I was selling it so I bought some decent quality blank cassettes and taped some CD's... it took me back a few years I can tell you :lol:

The quality was actually really good so I would imagine if you hard wired an Aux in to the tape player you would get a pretty good quality sound, certainly better than those FM transmitter things....

The digital radio ones make me laugh, crystal clear digital signal, then FM transmit it to your head unit :bangin:

If I carry out the mod to the bose tape deck, how good is the quality?

The quality is fantastic! The signal doesn't even go through the tape electronics, it's pretty much straight into the amp. If you spend a bit of time tweaking the EQ on your player and the headunit it sounds better than the CD player ;)

If I carry out the mod to the bose tape deck, how good is the quality?

The quality is fantastic! The signal doesn't even go through the tape electronics, it's pretty much straight into the amp. If you spend a bit of time tweaking the EQ on your player and the headunit it sounds better than the CD player ;)

Ahh thats awesome, nice one thanks. Ghetto mod it is then. :)