White spirit

alessandro

Got this "CF" cover few months back, I did like the look and effect, few issues with the fitting and quality but overall I was happy

055.jpg

Unfortunatly with the summer heat it started to peel off on the corners and the are some bubbles on some of the surfeces making it look really cheap and generally crap, now I want to remove it while I'm thinking what to do next.

This was glued with self adhesive tape and some glue that came with it and my fear is that the parts will be marked because of it making it look even worst.

Will white spirit do the job on removing the marks or it's a too strong chemical for the plastic interiors?

( I know that I was warned in the past about this product by some of you,but I guess that you learn from your mistakes :dummy: )

Alex

Get some "StickyStuff Remover" from Dyas or somewhere like that, comes in a spray can... worked amazingly well when I was doing my first efforts at doing my retrim... Alternatives are rubbing alcohol (boots), pre paint panel wipe (some halfords or motor factors) or even brake cleaner, one sprayed use a cloth to wipe and dont use too much..

White Spirit stinks and can be a little harsh..

Hope that helps!

So glad that there is a sloution to my f*k up!

Seen this stuff in Dyas the other day but wasn't sure of it

Thank you :thumbs:

I seen your RSW console have you done anything else?

I'm thinking to do something like the 370 or a complete CF wrap but it might be to OTT

So glad that there is a sloution to my f*k up!

Seen this stuff in Dyas the other day but wasn't sure of it

Thank you :thumbs:

I seen your RSW console have you done anything else?

I'm thinking to do something like the 370 or a complete CF wrap but it might be to OTT

370 would be cool, easy enough to do with alcantara, you need the stuff that dosnt fade in the sun though... and stitching sould help!

Carbon wrap the top section like the RSW in Dynoc and then get the centre console covered in alcantara perhaps... with a smattering of alcantara in other places!