JDM SPEEDO CONVERTER LOCATION

hynder

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anybody knows the location of the KPH - MPH speedo convertor unit?

I have a JDM Zed with one fitted but my analogue and digital speedos show erratic speeds up on hot days, and I'm trying to find the fault. I know there is a speed sensor signal that comes from the Unified A/C amp and goes to the Speedo cluster, but I have no idea where the actual converter unit is wired in.

Cheers

i kno with alot of honda's the convertor is wired into the VSS(vehicle speed sensor) on the gearbox, it was on my DC5 anyways, might possibly be the same on these? i haven't actually got mine yet so i can't confirm lol

I have had a reply from www.kph-mph.co.uk and they have told me that the converter unit is installed behind the speedo / rev counter cluster so I'll have to remove that to get access.

The problem I'm having is a 'dancing needle' as the experts call it!!!! Basically the needle goes mental and starts jumping around and it looks like the convertor unit may be the culprit.

The above company offer a de-restrictor and speedo convertor unit for £89 + VAT. I already have an HKS SLD Speed defencer fitted which cost over £200 new, so it looks like I'll buy the new unit and remove the HKS SLD. That will be going on ebay as soon as I fit the new unit!!!!

• 1 month later...