japspeed k1

nickzzz

i've had my z nearly a month now and love it, it has a japspeed k1 fitted which i'm thinking of changing at some point.

I know the k1 divides opinion a bit and i don't really think its for me!

I love it sometimes but i find it too loud on longer runs which i do quite a lot. Its a tricky decision because when i just go out for a blast its great! Did my first tunnel on weekend with window down and it was awesome!! :teeth:

i'm just guaging interest really/getting ideas but was considering seeeing if anyone would be interested in a swap for something like a k2 or scorpion. Even possibly a good stock exhaust.

Problem would be fitting potentially. I've never removed an exhaust before so don't know how hard it is.

Any advice or opinions much appreciated! Cheers!

unless i've got them in wrong! I've never had a car anything but standard before so possibly just not used to it.

I'm torn between getting used to it or changing to be honest! I reckon from 3k onwards its amazing just don't like the boomyness lower down too much. Mainly on motorway&especially on inclines!

Def think 350z is one of the nicest soundin affordable cars you can buy mind!

Give it a few thousand miles to coke up a bit, mine didn't really settle down until around 8K miles. Then again, I've got the convertible and I'm pretty sure that's why I loved it and never had any issues with boomyness or vibrations: Losing the roof really does help kill all that.

that did cross my mind about the roadster that it wouldn't be as boomy.

As far as coking up i actually have no idea how long the exhausts been on the car. Last owner fitted it and he had car 2 years but think he did low miles.

Well unless someone fancies a swap or part ex i'll have to leave it on a bit, got summer hol to pay for soon! :surrender:

I got K1 on my coupe, and I always have bungs in mine...

Why dont you take them out?? Then you will know if theres a difference, cos if they are loud now, they are considerably louder without the bungs!

Another cheap alternative, is dynamatting the rear boot perhaps? take out the spare wheel and surrounding trim and mat it all out, may drown out the noise more??

Just an option, and and a cheap alternative, get a boot kit for around £40 on ebay....... will also accoutically should make the stereo sound better too......