iPod connection

Julesm

Hi All,

I'm trying to sort out a wired ipod Connection to my 2006 UK spec 350z with factory system.

I cant seem to find anything in the UK, but have found somehing called a "Neo ProLink - PODNISV215

", but not sure if it will work with my UK car? Is there a difference? Has anyone succeeded in a wired solution?

Regards

Jules

Thanks for the thread links, I had a good read.

Still like a solution that simply plugs in the back of the head unit, and allows control of the ipod etc, so woudl really love to find a device like the one from the states. Anyont had experience of adding one of them?

Jules

depends what you want from it and what your budget is - I've not got round to swapping mine as the ghetto-mod for my iPhone has seen me well so far :teeth:

Plenty of very knowledge guys on here will no doubt be along soon to advise on all things audio :thumbs:

If your keeping the bose amps and speakers then i can highly recommend an Alpine headunit with Imprint. Mine sounded ten times better when i swapped out the headunit for my 9886R and Imprint processor.

I use the Sony tape deck connector to my bose head unit - really good sound quality (much better than FM that I have tried) and it costs.... £10 (and installs in.. 2 seconds)

Even better, when the iphone is linkied up to the bluetooth and I get a call, the iphone fades out the music for the duration of the call :clap::clap::clap:

In no rush to change from this setup any time soon! B)

I use the Sony tape deck connector to my bose head unit - really good sound quality (much better than FM that I have tried) and it costs.... £10 (and installs in.. 2 seconds)

Even better, when the iphone is linkied up to the bluetooth and I get a call, the iphone fades out the music for the duration of the call :clap::clap::clap:

In no rush to change from this setup any time soon! B)

I gave up using a FM transmitter as well. No matter what I tried I just couldn't get interference or whistle free sound from it. Must be something the Zed's electrics, becuase it used to work well with my old Subaru Outback. So, went the tape deck connector route as well which works pretty well after many attempts at persuading the Bose not to spit it back out. Only downside is the white cables look crap running over the dashboard.

Being a bit tone deaf the Bose has always been good enough for me, but after seeing an article that the government is going to keep the last government (cough) policy of killing off the FM stations, is it possible to get a digital radio head unit that still allows you to use the blue tooth?