Strange day at Nissan dealership !

jimgallaher

I brought my 08 Zed to my local nissan dealership to get my spare key re-coded as it wouldn't work when I bought the car one month ago( bought from a local independent) I reckoned maybe 30 mins to recode the key. An hour and 20 minutes later I saw the mechanic bring the keys back, and after 15 minutes no one gave me a shout that my car was good to go, so I went up and asked. The service guy picked up the keys, muttered something and disappeared back into workshop. He came back 10 minutes later and said he had to go to my car as the radio keycode needed to be re-entered. I tagged along and sure enough they had somehow managed to lose my keycode (Bose) I asked how they had managed to do this and he gave me some b*llsh*t that recoded the key had caused it. I'm an electrical engineer so I said that was a crock, that someone had obviously disconnected the battery. The service manager said that was not the case, long story short, I was there for a further hour while they pulled my stereo out, checked the serisl and got the code from Nissan ( I didnt get a code when I bought the car) I had been listening to Radio 2 on the way to the dealership so I know it was working. Anyway my key coding eventually took 2 hours and 20 minutes. Anyone have any ideas as to why this happened, or why the mechanic would have disconnected my battery. Is this level of service or should I say bad service typical of Nissan ? It was Charles Hurst Nissan Belfast (any Northern Ireland zed driver care to comment? ) Downside was I missed most of the Holland Brazil match, but the upside was I got to sit in a new 370Z 40th anniversary edition :D and a GTR :teeth: £60k and some for the GTR, but i was tempted , who needs a wife anyway :blackeye: Anyway enough dreaming, I welcome any comments regarding my first Nissan dealership experience.

On a side note the mechanic told me he had 2 Jap import GTR, one had a seized engine, was sold without oil, another had a fault with steering angle sensor and the owner was looking at a £3k+ bill for a fix !!! Don't think I'll be buying an import !!

Oh yeah on last thing, they tried to sell me 2 year extended warranty, ultimate, comes with 2 years RAC roadside for £539 seems like a good deal to me, anyone have any comments on Nissan extended warranty ?