Hello fro South Manchester!! Warranty issues already, eek!!

I have now had my 05 gunmetal with black leather uk 350z for over a week and loving it. It's got the GT pack with the rays wheels etc and has only done 13k. It's completely different to the s2000 i have just sold so can't really compare, but i love the effortless power delivery rather than the constant sweaty palmed drive i have been used to.

Anyway, just thought i'd say hello. I'll be posting a question or 6 on the warranty forum coz i have a number of points i want to get sorted!! So any help/advice on this would be appreciated. Are warranties transferable? i suppose as it's an 05 reg car i would simply drive into the dealers and start showing them what to fix?

Regards

Rob

I have now had my 05 gunmetal with black leather uk 350z for over a week and loving it. It's got the GT pack with the rays wheels etc and has only done 13k. It's completely different to the s2000 i have just sold so can't really compare, but i love the effortless power delivery rather than the constant sweaty palmed drive i have been used to.

Anyway, just thought i'd say hello. I'll be posting a question or 6 on the warranty forum coz i have a number of points i want to get sorted!! So any help/advice on this would be appreciated. Are warranties transferable? i suppose as it's an 05 reg car i would simply drive into the dealers and start showing them what to fix?

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!

Where did you buy your car from then? Westway or somewhere else?

You fancy joining us on the 15th October for a run out around North Wales? We got 16 Zeds going so far...... :D

Warranties are transferable for the balance of the remaining 3 years.....

Hi there,

I bought the car privately from liverpol. Loving it so far, it's like my old Alfa GTV V6 Aero but without having to worry about what is going to break every time i drive it! Plus its rear wheel drive which is lots better. Still adjusting back to the low end grunt and 6700 redline as opposed to my s2000s no grunt but ballistic 9000rpm screaming red line!

Would love to come on the 15th but unfortunately i'ts my girlftriends 30th and i am in spain visiting her relatives.

Regards

Rob

are listed in the warranty section, but the list so far off the top of my head....

clicking rear axle

noisy clutch release bearing/cover springs

pushed the traction control button into the dash (oops)

rattle behind the 3 pods in the dash

Jumping Bose stereo

Arming myself with the technical bullitens ready to go in and do a big warranty claim in one go, but have been advised by a friend (who works for a major japanese car dealership so will remain annonymous) that it's best to take it in around the 25th of the month just before they submit their work sheets to head office. If the work load is down they will do the job lot to up their books ;-)

Rob

...noticed yesterday that the silver paint on the badges on the bonnet and boot is bubbling!!

Another niggle to add to the list!!

Crikey, my S2000 was an angle! I never went back to the dealer once!

I'm sure i'll be 110% happy when all the little bits are sorted out though, just want it to be perfect and it should be being an 05 reg

still loving it though, the low down grunt is superb!

Regards

Rob

The Z badges are £30 each with is far too much for 2 plastic badges that cost 50p to make, i'd rather just get some standard ones for free from Nissan.

i wash it with wash and wax stuff. I have used it for years on all my cars and is very good (and cheap too!) but i have a range of polishing stuff i also use.

Don't forget, i have only had the car a fortnight and have only washed it once so i can't vouch for what the previous owner used, however, even something harsh like fairy liquid shouldn't make badges bubble, nitromorse maybe :headhurt:

regards

Rob

sorry mate can't help you there. Just got some myself in matt finish and was more than 60 notes.

It was just while they were off you got put some nice ones on. The hardest bit of job is taking them up and clearing off the glue. You could get Nissan to do that bit.

Went to the stealers yesterday armed with a list of jobs to do on my Z. They have agreed to do the following free....

clicking rear axle

Jumping Bose stereo

passenger side heated seat on ly works on the low setting (bizarre)

Replace both the front and the rear badges.

Only thing they won't do is replace the clutch coer, flywheel or release bearing due to the rattle and very slight judder. They said they would if they could find a fault with it but i would have to pay for the gearbox removal and refit if they don't find a fault (which they'll makee sure they don't!)

So, car should be good as knew by the 4th October!

Regards

Rob

Went to the stealers yesterday armed with a list of jobs to do on my Z. They have agreed to do the following free....

clicking rear axle

Jumping Bose stereo

passenger side heated seat on ly works on the low setting (bizarre)

Replace both the front and the rear badges.

Only thing they won't do is replace the clutch coer, flywheel or release bearing due to the rattle and very slight judder. They said they would if they could find a fault with it but i would have to pay for the gearbox removal and refit if they don't find a fault (which they'll makee sure they don't!)

So, car should be good as knew by the 4th October!

Regards

Rob

Fingers crossed :thumbs: