Adapting the car kit for my phone

neil354

Hi, just bought a 350z and have just registered as a new user here!

I have a quick question regarding the phone kit that came with my car. In the centre console there is what I believe is a phone cradle which is wired in. I can't see any way of removing it. Is there a way that this can be done so that I can get one to fit my phone (iphone)?

Also when the phone is connected to this, can you play the music from the phone through the car speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Welcome to the forum :teeth:

There is a slide on either side of the cradle. Steady it with one hand and slide it away with Thumb and forefinger of other hand. It will them lift out.

Your can then put bluetooth module in there if you wish.

No you can't stream music through the stereo I'm afraid. I'd suggest getting a 3.5 mm tape conversion done and stick it in the cubby hole above the stereo which i had done.

Bradders.

Hi, just bought a 350z and have just registered as a new user here!

I have a quick question regarding the phone kit that came with my car. In the centre console there is what I believe is a phone cradle which is wired in. I can't see any way of removing it. Is there a way that this can be done so that I can get one to fit my phone (iphone)?

Also when the phone is connected to this, can you play the music from the phone through the car speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Don't remove it ...... just get a bluetooth module (about £70.00) from PIMM and your Iphone hooks up easily ...... you can then use the Nissan voice control actuation buttons on the steering wheel ... and off you go ..... won't play music though .... there are other ways of getting that that are nothing to do with bluetooth

Thanks for the replies, I will look at getting a bluetooth adaptor. Cheapest ive seen are on Ebay for about £85.

Bradders - what do you mean by a 3.5mm tape conversion? Is this the easiest way of streaming music through the sterio?