Bumper accident advice..

newborn

Not a good way to start my posting here but I could really do with your guy's advice..

I had a reversing incident today (on the way to buying a 1.50 fathers day card), luckily into a car so dented the guy wasn't bothered.

Here's what I ended up with..

243g977.jpg

10y0w37.jpg

1paq9i.jpg

2dl6qzo.jpg

I've read that because the light has become dislodged its likely a full bumper replacement (unless i can find someone to bond it??).. I'm not sure how repairable the other damage is..

I guess I've got a couple of routes I can take with this.

a) claim on my insurance who'll most likely replace the bumper but at the likely risk of my premium going up 20% for the next 5 years, while also having to pay 150 pounds excess due to that's the way the scoundrels work I've been reading(even though I have ncb protection).

B) Privately

i) get the repaired and light bonded if possible???

ii) replace the whole bumper and maybe the light fitting ?

iii) get a modded rear bumper, and get it sprayed and fitted...

I figure the cost of the 'a)' route if added up over the 5 years it takes for the Fault on record to disappear is 550 - 650 pounds. So would I be wise if full replacement is necessary to not use insurance and get a modded bumper?

I've looked on z-store and epr and there seems to be a big difference in price (about 200 pounds) for rear bumpers. epr are somewhat lacking stock though..

If I could get a rear bumper at about 200 pounds and fitted and sprayed for about 300 (with the rear light attached), I'd be happy with that..

I also wouldn't mind an oem replacement but I don't seem to be able to track down a site selling them.

So my main questions are.. does this look repairable, if so for how much (eg more expensive than a new bumper?)

Where can I get an oem bumper and what other good places are there for 'reasonably' priced rear bumpers.

Sorry for being a bit long winded :wacko:

Take it to a body shop and get a quote for repair first. If they say new bumper then there are plenty of second hand ones floating around from where people have fitted after market ones. If you need a bumper pm R35LEE im sure he can source one. Certainly not worth a insurance job for that little damage imo.

I have my car in for rear bumper damage. A neighbour bumped into my car while I was parked.

The light became dislodged like yours and when I took it to Nissan for a quote he said that because the light was dislodged then something on the inside of the bumper had broken and a whole new bumper is needed.

And a stock bumper from Nissan is about 450 EUR + VAT and then it needs to be painted and fitted. They estimated 34 hours of labour for prepping and fitting the bumper.

On the upside, most likely you do not need a new rear light.

I have my car in for rear bumper damage. A neighbour bumped into my car while I was parked.

The light became dislodged like yours and when I took it to Nissan for a quote he said that because the light was dislodged then something on the inside of the bumper had broken and a whole new bumper is needed.

And a stock bumper from Nissan is about 450 EUR + VAT and then it needs to be painted and fitted. They estimated 34 hours of labour for prepping and fitting the bumper.

34 hours or 3-4 hours ? :blink:

Thirty-Four

Thirty-Four

At how much an hour? .. goodness gracious!

Thirty-Four

At how much an hour? .. goodness gracious!

12 EUR per hour

Here is the complete quote - remember my top rear light (the red one) is also damaged.

4718975994_707a7950c2_b.jpg

4718329197_44692899ac_b.jpg

but if you pay attention you can see that at least i was quoted by a champ. :teeth:

Take it to a body shop and get a quote for repair first. If they say new bumper then there are plenty of second hand ones floating around from where people have fitted after market ones. If you need a bumper pm R35LEE im sure he can source one. Certainly not worth a insurance job for that little damage imo.

Thanks, I think I'll do that definitely, just need to find one round here that won't pull my pant's down. I need to establish whether it can be repaired 'at a reasonable price' before I do anything for sure.

ohh that's not as bad as I imagined it could be Thomas :) fair enough

Hang on.. now you've edited.... does that say 2115 euros and 49 cent's ??!! If I had to pay that from a UK dealer it would be an insurance claim for sure! :blink:

ohh that's not as bad as I imagined it could be Thomas :) fair enough

Hang on.. now you've edited.... does that say 2115 euros and 49 cent's ??!! If I had to pay that from a UK dealer it would be an insurance claim for sure! :blink:

Yup 2115 EUR - I later got a letter from her (neighbour) insurance comp stating I can get it fixed anywhere with any parts I want for up to 2500 EUR.

So now I get the Strosek rear bumper at their expense :teeth:

Speak to Tom at Lemass http://www.lemass.co.uk/

He's in Bucks and his work is very good! I believe he has done some bits for another member too (allesandro I think)

I would buy a used bumper and get that sprayed, would save labour on fixing the damaged one and you would be able to mount the light properly. Would also keep the costs down :)

That place looks a good tip, thanks! I'll see if I can get a quote from them, only 20 mins drive from me.

Why everybody gets a quote and listens to what the stealers say is beyond me... i have heard countless times oh it cant be done blah blah from dealers you need a whole new this and that... when all you need is the right person for the right job... im sure at worst that will cost you 400 squid if you can source the bumper for <200 and possibly it can be repaired which would save you buying a new bumper!

I wouldn't go the insurance route... although it does pi** me off you cant even claim on insurance after you pay x amount for however many years!

Good luck with fixing this! :thumbs:

P.S YAY 350th post!

Welcome :thumbs:

Where about are you in bucks?

as Gervais said I would reccomend Le Mass in Chalfont St. Peter, I used Tom to do all my body works and I'm very happy with it, if you want to see his work let me know and we can meet up somewhere.

I would pay him a visit and see what he says before changing the bumper, but, if you really want to change it, I could give you mine and instead you buy me an aftermarket one :p

(Gervais, do you use Tom too? )

(Gervais, do you use Tom too? )

I know him from another site and have met him a few times.

Will be using him to spray bits on mine when i have the money together :) He told me a little while ago that he had yours in and i told him to pinch your rear lights for me, but he refused :(:lol:

I actually grabbed the bull by the horns and went up there today.. He can repair it but there might be a small chance that it won't be perfect where the hole/cut is I think he said.. but he'll give it a good go. He's got an eagle eye, spotted a couple of collision areas that i'd not spotted myself.

I've actually got 3 other problems he's going to quote me for to.

Some bugger hit me in my work car park some months back and never owned up and i've got a scrape/small dent on the door just under the central raised lip (he spotted that the area above it was slightly raised because of the impact).. He said oooo thats a bad one (bracing myself) but should be sortable no problem. They also did the same to my wheel arch so thats going on the quote too..

Ohh and I've got a 10cm bit of paint missing from the front left due to curbing....

He seems like a good guy, I'm hoping his quotes are too!! :thumbs:

PS: I work in berkhamsted, so you'll mainly spot me on the A41 08:30-08:50 and whenever i finally leave work!

PPS: I often see a gunmetal z on there in the evening, given me a wave occasionally, is it either of you 2? :)

:thumbs:

Tom is agood guy, and prices are reasonable, my tip, drop the car and run away, I went in for a small job and ended up asking him to do lots of little touch up :bangin:

Do yuo know when you dropping the car? it's a bit of a pain to come back unless you get a lift

I think with the list I've already got I'm not likely to add to it atm :D Its not booked in yet, I'm waiting for the quote in the post. I avoided pushing him for a ballpark figure.

Should be able to get my folks to sort me out with lifts if they are'nt on holiday. But if he is booked up till July I'll give you a PM cheers :thumbs: