Driver side window...

neo-ninja

HI All,

Just a quick one, as it has been hotter more recently i have been opening my windows more (nothing better then having them open on a summers day drive!) Anyway my driver side window is auto and my passenger side isnt (which is normaly on my age of car) but today i noticed something wierd...

When i went to auto shut my window, the window went up a cm or so then down again..i tried again and hold my finger on for a fraction longer and it worked fine. But only seems to if i do a proper "click hold for a split second" let go, rather then a click like i do for getting the window down...

Now is that normal? I have never noticed before..(i dont think) anything i can adjust or try?

Any thoughts?

I did did the reset procedure on Thursday mate and it really is easy, all I would say is the bolt behing the interior door handle is easier to take out using a multi screwdriver with an extension and a 10mm socket rather than a screwdriver, less chance of dropping it into the door.

Consequently. The reset procedure didn't do anything for me, unless I did it wrong as the guide is obviously a direct translation from another language into English and some of it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Good luck pal.

10 mins even for a real novice?

I remember someone said that on the smart forums about taking of a speaker grill and lets just saying it wasnt for a novice lol!

I thought exactly that when attempting it as I am novice as I never done it before! But it really is easy!

I did did the reset procedure on Thursday mate and it really is easy, all I would say is the bolt behing the interior door handle is easier to take out using a multi screwdriver with an extension and a 10mm socket rather than a screwdriver, less chance of dropping it into the door.

Consequently. The reset procedure didn't do anything for me, unless I did it wrong as the guide is obviously a direct translation from another language into English and some of it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Good luck pal.

What was wrong with yours? The bit that was confusing for me was where they said the reset switch because the bit you press is actually a moving part when you wind the window down

MIne was intermittant too. It wouldn't happen all the time but when it did I had to hold the switch until it was all the way up and it behaved afterwards.

Its was almost like the auto up functioned needed warming up before working but nevertheless the window reset sorted mine out and hasn't happened since