Its started...

un1eash

Not even had my 350Z for 2 weeks yet and ive already started my audio install. I got the fascia and iso loom with steering wheel controls from sextons and installed my Alpine CDA-9886R headunit yesterday....

P1000282.jpg

Steering wheel controls work great and the phone buttons are now used to changed source and folders.

My next plan is to see what my Alpine PXA-H100 Processor will make of the bose system if i try and Imprint it.

Eventually i'll be putting my JL 6.5" Components in the front doors and will run them of my JL 300/2 Slash Amp. I also have a JL 10w6v2 subwoofer which will be going in a custom sealed box under the strut bar, this will run of a JL 500/1 Slash Amp.

Sounds like a nice quality install you have planned :thumbs:

Compared to your install this is my mini JL install. :D

I may replace the rears aswell with some JL's depending on how i like the sound with just fronts.

I used the fascia and iso loom that was recommended in the sticky...

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/facia_pa ... 0-306.html

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/steering ... 9-674.html

At the moment i have lost sat nav sound but will looking at wiring it into the Aux input my headunit has, i can then switch to this source to have sat nav sound when needed which isnt very often at all.

I had an hour spare before lunch so i wired up the sat nav to the aux input on my headunit. I now have sat nav sound with an aftermarket headunit. :D

The way i did it was my headunit has an aux input lead with twin phonos. I seperated these out and connected them to the sat nav plug. You use pins 18,19,20.

18 - Navi Earth

19 - Navi Input (-)

20 - Navi Input (+)

I'm happy with this solution as i use sat nav maybe a couple times a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Not the tidiest install but it does the job, my JL 300/2 and 500/1 amps...

P1000377.jpg

And the awesome sounding JL 10w6v2

P1000380.jpg

I'm still running the stock rears as after Imprinting the system it sounds very good.

It was a temp thing for now and does the job well. The box was slot ported and taller, i had it made for my Z4 to JL's exact spec, to get it to fit i had to reduce the height and volume so its now sealed.

I'm not big on looks when it comes to audio, no one see's it :)

why not get a offcut of sheeted carbon fibre, and cut it to the shape of under the brace, and mount it to the sub box, cut out the hole for sub, job done.

I was going to do this but with carpet, i have the carpet but no wood. I was going to get a new box made with the hole in the middle but the guy who does them went on holiday and i couldnt wait.