Engine Warning Light

nixu

Hey guys,

Just started my 350 up and noticed that it took longer to start than normal. Once started the engine warning light comes on and stays on also the esp warning light + slip light stays on. Tryed pressing the esp button but it has no effect. Also just to add I moved it last week on the drive so I may have stopped it on its cold cycle.

Any rough ideas what could be wrong?

Nixu

Hey guys,

Just started my 350 up and noticed that it took longer to start than normal. Once started the engine warning light comes on and stays on also the esp warning light + slip light stays on. Tryed pressing the esp button but it has no effect. Also just to add I moved it last week on the drive so I may have stopped it on its cold cycle.

Any rough ideas what could be wrong?

Nixu

Nixu,

You will have to pull the fault codes to determine the issue.

I had the same problem with my Zed ...

I'm almost certain that it's the Crank Position Sensor ... I had the error code read and the code was indicaing that the sensor was the issue ... so £68 later I got a replacement from Nissan and since it's been fitted .. I've never had the issue again ...

If you experience loss of power while driving ( engine cuts out ) then the issue is related to the Cam Shaft Position Sensors ..

The best thing to do is have the error code read and then take it from there ...

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Something similar happened to me..

When i tried to start the engine without the Clutch in (I was tired lol and hadn't had my Z long). I just turned the Key back to the Start Position, put the clutch in and Started it again. Then the esp Light went off and the Engine warning Light stayed on for a couple of days before it turned itself back off again..

Thanks guys it turns out that it was the CAM sensor in the end, so you were pot on. Just one question though, why dose this disable the ESP?

I'm glad you got it sorted mate ...

I'm not sure why it disables the ESP though ...