Pioneer AVIC-F10BT voltage and iPod questions

felex6

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading my BOSE to Pioneer AVIC-F10BT. I chose this model over F910 (or lower) mainly because it features 4v high voltage output and because pioneer website states that models below F10 support only pre-2008 iPods :blink:

So I'd like to know if the iPod story is true and also if 4v sound quality/volume is much better from lower voltage models? Would I still need to use Line Booster (like TURBO 1 Variable line driver) with 4v stereo?

4v high Voltage output refers to the RCA outputs when connecting to Amplifiers. Sound quality is generally better in the sense that the amp receives a cleaner signal and reduces the need to turn the gains up on them so high so the amp is worked a little less harder.

Most normal HU belt out 2v RCA outputs. So if you not running amplifiers and just using the HU power then the voltage of the RCA output is irrelevant.

And no, line booster/driver is not required unless you are running loads of amplifiers

HTH