grind in 3rd

sm1ke 350Z

hi

im getting a bad grind when shifting in high revs from 2nd to 3rd only and having to put effort into getting it into gear but this only happens in this gear and during spirited driving other wise during normal driving every gear change is spot on.

if you google 350z gear grind theres loads of horror storys about it so slightly paronoid.

could it be.....

my crappy driving?

clutch?

gear box?

oil?

hopefully some one can shed some light on this, car is a 03 with 56k , ive no idea if the clutch has ever been changed and its showning no apparent signs of slipping on the revs.

Thanks in advance.

It's normal ...... it's a lazy synchro .... some cars get it on 4th to 5th also

cheers, so no real worries so long as i avoid the grinding? or is this going to eventually need attention.

Thanks

I'd live with it .. just make it a positive action when you change up .... a complete cure demands a gearbox rebuild or a new gearbox ......... I don't think anyone has done that yet although Husky has recently spent a bit on his gearbox IIRC

If you're really concerned then double de clutch or change up at lower revs .... you'll still make raid progress lol