Clutch abuse?

sally

Morning All,

When to Santa Pod on Sat for RWYB. Got there early, we were the first 4 cars. First 2 runs were fine, nothing to dramatic, Surface nice and sticky. Anyhoo, 3rd run, much more aggressive start, I was ahead of Steve (wahoo!) but i went to charge gear and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor! Poor Nigel was bouncing of the rev limiter. With a bit of prodding the pedal came up and i then changed gears ok. Gave him a rest and had another go later and he did the same thing again. If i didnt give him a beating, he behaved but the smell was horriffic! So i sat on the side lines and moaned about not being able to get a better time.

The drive home was fine but occasionally smelly as the clutch dust wafted about.

Not sure if the the pedal being shoved down with such force caused it to stick as when i was less aggressive it was fine.

Normally i dont have the typical gear changing problem so i guess the naughty Z just didnt want to perform.

Anyone else experienced this? It was scary, and rather embarassing! Oh, and i paid £35 for all day racing and didnt get my monies worth! Puh!

Mines does the same. Seems to be the slave cylinder that people keel informing it is. Nissan said it's not as there is no visible oil leak. I've just stopped revving so hard on take off. Never had a problem since.

He seems to be giving me trouble when i change up a gear with high revs. I wont get decent 1/4 mile times if i drive like fairy. I need to beat Steves Astra, I am meant to have the quicker car!!

Dont want to start replacing parts as for everyday driving he is fine. Guess he's just to heavy to do a decent standing start!