Sounds like me exhaust is loose!!

SeanyBeez

hi all,

please move if in wrong place!,

been noticing when pulling away in low gears a ticking sound, when i pulled up i had a look under hood to see if the noise was comming from there but all i can here is the belt ticking, but when i move halfway down the car i can here the ticking noise it sounds like a rattle from an exhaust, does this happen much or has anyone had this type of plroblem before?

its hard to explain the noise but it is like the exhaust is rattling thats the only description i can tell ya,

hope anyone could help

its due a 60,000 service so when i finally get it in the garage hopefully they will pick it up!

thanks

Good luck with the garage picking it up if it's a Nissan dealer :scare: Depending on the "ticking" but it sounds like the imfamous clixy axle. Garage can grease & rotate which will alleviate for a while. Best option is to get the full kit from Zmanalex (I think) & get an independant garage to fit if you want to get rid of completely. If not this then it could just be the metal of the exhaust contracting from the heat.

thanks for reply, does it effect the car or can i just drive it untill i get the cash to get it fixed?

my wifes old car used to make the same sound but alot worse n the garage we took it to said it was the exhause rattlingbut noticed last nite that when i dip the clutch the sound stops, but when i have it out of gear and foot of the clutch i can here it!!, it aint to load when in the car and the door is closed but when window is open i can here it!!

ill get it looked at and try and get it sorted under warranty!!, only 1 month left on me warranty! :scare:

thanks again

thanks for reply, does it effect the car or can i just drive it untill i get the cash to get it fixed?

my wifes old car used to make the same sound but alot worse n the garage we took it to said it was the exhause rattlingbut noticed last nite that when i dip the clutch the sound stops, but when i have it out of gear and foot of the clutch i can here it!!, it aint to load when in the car and the door is closed but when window is open i can here it!!

ill get it looked at and try and get it sorted under warranty!!, only 1 month left on me warranty! :scare:

thanks again

you will only here the clicky axle when you move off... if you can here the rattle while the car is stationary then some thing is probably loose. ;)