Crap british roads!!

SeanyBeez

Heya all,

driving down to town today and passed a lorrie and seen some bit of crap fly over the bonnet! :scare:

the wife thought it was a bee :bang:

but after getting to town i was straight out to see a lovely couple of chips into me black bonnet! :headhurt:

right in the middle as well!, ill get a cpl of pics up so you can see the damage!,

i already have a halfords touch up paint kit with the primer and the paint, but also bought a nissan touch up paint kit, aint sure which one to use and scared to do it just in case i f***k it up! :wacko:

any tips and trick you guys use would help, the car colour is Kuro black and both the kits have the colour codes on them that match the one for the car so i might give it a pop!! :blackeye:

Thanks all

I've got a few chips along the side of my Zed after some road debris flew up and hit it ...

I got the touch up paint from Nissan and the colour match was spot on ...

Someone on the forum advised me to use a toothpick to apply the touch up paint ... one dot at a time, doing it very carefully ..

It takes longer to do but I found it to be a very good way to avoid getting paint on the surrounding areas ...

cheers all,

i had a go today, didnt turn out the greatest but covered up as much as i could, i used thenissan touch up and had to put a canny few layers on until it had filled the chips, and then put the clear coat on, i was looking at a previous post about using sand paper on the touch up and then buffing it up, but to be honest i dont think i have the balls to sand the paint and hope that it buffs out!!lol

it will have to do for now but i spoke to a bodyshop at the weekend and he offered to paint the bonnet and bumper for 300 biffs and put a clear plastic coating on it to reduce chips!!, might do it but to be honest i aint got enough stone chips to justify spending that much money!!

thanks again :thumbs: