Scratches on the surface

Jesse

Hi all,

Thought someone with some knowledge could help me out... Just got back from holiday and found out the girlfriend had washed the car... :rant::angry: Ermmm lord only knows how but there are around 10 scratches on the surface from from to back, not major ones but long... Cant really feel the scratches with the fingernail...

Is there anything I an use to hide them or is a respray the best thing... (that does seem to cost a BOMB)

Much appreciated for any help

Jesse

Dodo Juice Lime Prime (not lite) should help.

If not there is a massive array of stuff to help, just make sure its a proper wax and not something like Megs Scratch-X! I use Poorboys SSR (SSR1-SSR2.5)

I find the auto-glym super resin polish is good for surface scratches also. The one with the red square. Plus pretty cheap.

I also find using your girlfriends best dress as a polishing cloth for a punishment, will make her get the message not to do it again. Wearing her best shoes whilst doing it is of course optional. :thumbs:

Dave

I also find using your girlfriends best dress as a polishing cloth for a punishment, will make her get the message not to do it again.

Not if it's got sequins or glitter all over it ;)

Good point, just wear the heels then.

:shrug:

Chris, a quick question, is it best to start with SSR1 and then work your way up to SSR2.5 if needed... or can I just jump in at 2.5...?

Always start with the least agressive and work your way up, you can always remove more clear coat, but you cant put it back if you remove too much. Saying that, SSR1 applied by hand will likely not do a lot as its not too agressive. SSR2 will do a good job though. SSR2.5 is quite agressive, even by hand, so can be good for more major corrections, but in all honesty, if you cant really feel them with a finger nail, try Dodo Lime Prime, its great for a pre-wax clean too when you give the car a good detail.

haha she has some Huge Heels... I may well fall @rse over face :lol:

and no not using the silk lingerie, theres better uses for that ;)

Chris, thanks for that, I will have a look at the Dodo Lime Juice to begin with... I'm assuming thats an internet order...? Recommend any good sites if it is...

Jesse

My wife guided me on the drive yesterday but kindly neglected to let me know that I was too close to the post. Need I say more :angry:

Thankfully post is wood so scrathes were light.

Dodo Prime bought it up lovely. Give it a try. Smells gorgeous too :blush:

Bradders

Dodo Prime bought it up lovely. Give it a try. Smells gorgeous too :blush:

Of lime funnily enough :lol:

Andy is a good lad, he'll sort you out some stuff. Just be careful, it all adds up when you have a "while I'm here" moment. :blush:

Haha... I think theres something the opposite sex do not like about the 350z :blush:

Chris I now what you mean but hopefully he has a girlfriend wash the car repellent, at present thats priceless :)

Ok thanks for the info guys, think I'm sold on Dodo

Jesse