when reprogramming the key fob's...

kObi

Right, so my battery died in my first key fob and i was using my spare key, now that ones gone too. So i get new batteries for them, put them in, nothing happens. so i search the website and get reprogramming guide. But what it doesnt mention is, when i unlock the car then open the door, the alarm goes off! this is loud as sh!t inside the car, it stops, but if i slightly move, it goes off again.

So my questions are, do i have to reprogram the car while the alarms going off? and if not, how do i turn the alarm off?

Cheers for any help guys.

EDIT: also i dont think it mentions, what key do i use when reprogramming?(you know the hold unlock and press lock button 3 times, bla bla bla) the one in the ignition or the spare key?

Same question I keep asking! From the replies I have had I think you unlock the car with the origional fob (which may be a proble in your case, though a dead battery should not lead to it losing the alarm code) then put the new key in the barrel and do the combo with that.

right ok, i went back out, was reading on here that the alarm will go off when key goes in ignition. so i done that, tried it afew times, didnt work. went and got my other key, tried it again and when it was ready, with the other key(that wasnt in the ignition) done the whole hold unlock and press lock 3 times thing and worked. sadly it wont reprogram again, but i atleast got 1 key working.

So my next question, will i have to take my car to a nissan dealer if i want to reprogram my other key or will i be able to reprogram it in an hour or so?

Sorry I don't know the answer. I'm totally confused now, one key would programme but not the one you were putting in the ignition? Think I'm just going to be carefully not to lose the one key I have, this is sounding increasingly like rocket science.