Help me love my 350z

Pete the wheel

clean the wheels.

for some unknown reason i got slightly bored with the zed once, let it get really mucky. one day i bothered to clean the wheels as i had nothing else to do. then i kept going, got it all shiny, had an absolute blast in it on some country roads and fell in love again. i dont think its anything to do with the downgrade, i was driving a matiz for just over a week a while ago and put 1750 miles on it, had a great laugh, even had a camping road trip. its not what car you're in its how you think of it. :)

I quite enjoy hooning about in my girlfriend's Fiat 500. :blush::ban:

clean the wheels.

for some unknown reason i got slightly bored with the zed once, let it get really mucky. one day i bothered to clean the wheels as i had nothing else to do. then i kept going, got it all shiny, had an absolute blast in it on some country roads and fell in love again. i dont think its anything to do with the downgrade, i was driving a matiz for just over a week a while ago and put 1750 miles on it, had a great laugh, even had a camping road trip. its not what car you're in its how you think of it. :)

I quite enjoy hooning about in my girlfriend's Fiat 500. :blush::ban:

+1 :lol::lol: Fiat 500 rocks!!

• 1 month later...

Well folks, ive some good and bad news.

Bad news first, you lot are going to have to put up with my moaning for a little bit longer.

Now the good news, im at last beginning to get what all the fuss is about, with the 350z I mean.

After 6 weeks ownership it started to come to me, as someone said earlier on in post the nice weather has helped ne end, but im really starting to love the car.

Had her valeted, and mopped, comes up a treat, cracking colour, done the slight scuff on front skirt, sorted the one wheel that was scuffed (found a local company to do this, they were very good).

And best of all, ive been out driving her, ive no idea when it came to me, but im really enjoying the car now, and now all clean and shiney its good to look out the window at her on the drive.

So, I think at least ill be spending the summer with a 350z, I do however have a couple of things still to do, hence where you nice lot come in.

The fabric roof, is there anything to protect it, like when you wax a jacket.

And another job is to sort the sounds, car is fitted with a Bose 6 cd/radio/tape thingy but I want to change to something I can run my ipod through.

Am I best to replace with a double din beaut, or single din and fill in space, let me have your thoughts folks, more the better. Ive really no idea where to start, apart from being turned over by local shop that is.

So, thanks folks, seems you were right all along, the 350z aint a bad car after all.

Glad you're starting to love it Pete. Hope you didn't get that dodgy wheel repair bloke from essex to do your alloys! :p

I have an alpine for ipod head unit in my car - single din with an empty space underneath where i sit my ipod.

I was (sort of ) in the same boat Pete. I love the Z but I almost have to give up everything just to own it. I bought it so I could mod it. I couldn't afford to mod it so I thought, "what's the point in keeping it?!". After telling my missus about me need for new tyres, how much they'd cost & how much more I'd need to get a decent set of alloys, she's now lent me the dosh to get some nice shiney new wheels (a week today until I get them!! WHEEE!!!) & a few more mods that'll really make me want to keep it! lol

Anyhoo, my advice would be to have a gander at a few mods, speak to some of the members on here (Chilli Red & ZMANALEX to name but two) about mods & customisation work. There are so many different high quality mods out there for this car (I know this as I've seen the crap out there for other cars, my old 1992 Vauxhall Calibra to name but one! :lol:) & you can make so much more of it. It's such an eye catching car as standard but with a few hundred quid & a bit of TLC it can be something really special :)

Get it fully detailed mate,the hood will be cleaned and sealed properly.

Oh and go for a double din unit like alpine. :thumbs:

what do you guys mean by 'detailed' and who does it in the North London/Essex borders

also have you got a link to the Alpine unit?

Cheers

When i had my Z4 Roadster i used the Autoglym hood cleaner and protector. It works really well and last a good 6 months in the winter, longer in the summer.

I'm just waiting on a fascia and bose steering loom from sextons so i can fit my Alpine CDA-9886R. I have a load of JL gear to go in aswell but for now i'm just swapping out the headunit.