Kestrel DAS-6

Wookiee22

Having done a bit of reading up I've decided to take the plunge and get a DA polisher as above.

My question is which kit to go for? Obviously I need pads and compounds that are not too aggressive due to the soft, thin paint on the zed. Was leaning towards the Sonus SFX stuff, anyone got any thoughts?

Had a look on the i4detailing site.

The Sonus kit is for soft paint so is most suited to the Zed.

I've used sonus pads but never sonus polish so I can't comment on them. The pads are alright though!

Thanks Stew!

Is there anything else you reckon I should look at at the same time?

I currently use a bit of Megs polish and then Collinite wax, both by hand obviously. Is there much point in looking at machine - applied sealents etc?

Depends what finish you want to achieve to be honest.

Myself and Jason did this - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35275

We used Megs 205 then some poorboys blackhole glaze, blackfire sealant and topped it off with Dodo Purple Haze (I think...)

If you are new to machining I'd recommend some poorboys blackhole glaze (or white diamond - I don't know which on GM...) I put it on via machine, as it helps fill scratches and RDS that are left behind after polishing. It gives a real deep shine. Jason couldn't believe the difference after the glaze was applied.

My favourite products is STILL Blackfire sealant. I've been using it for 2 years plus and I still love it!