JDM battery

jim

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so bear with me folks. Mods - please move as you think fit.

I ordered a replacement battery for my JDM, based on advice given in these forums.

This is the one I ordered.

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-156-Varta-A ... P3204.html

When it arrived today, I unpacked it and took it out to instal it, only to discover that the battery in my car had already been changed to a UK type with the larger terminals. I know - I should have checked before I ordered, but I have only really examined the battery in the dark before, and did not check what the terminal sizes were.

I doubt whether the suppliers will let me return it, so I'm probably stuck with it and will still have to get a replacement.

I can offer this battery to any JDM owner who still has the narrrow terminals at a much reduced price. Please PM me if you are interested in it.

Now I'm trying to find out which UK spec battery is best. I have searched previous threads but the best advice (from Lomoto some years ago) seems to be to squeeze the biggest one you can fit into the space. The problem is that the nearest suppliers to me locally are Halfords and I don't trust them to get it right! Anybody replaced theirs recently and can recommend one?

Alternatively, can anyone post up the specifications of the OEM UK battery?

Ah -

L/W/H -

CCA -

Searching threads threw up this suggestion - can anyone confirm that this one will fit?

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-005L-Varta- ... P3210.html

probably best to advertise your battery in the for sale section Jim

Can I possibly leave it until I have spoken to the suppliers in the morning? If they agree to exchange it, even if I have to pay the full cost of delivery etc., I will probably just do that. If not, I'll take photos and offer it up for sale and you can move it into the appropriate section.

Now I'm trying to find out which UK spec battery is best. I have searched previous threads but the best advice (from Lomoto some years ago) seems to be to squeeze the biggest one you can fit into the space. The problem is that the nearest suppliers to me locally are Halfords and I don't trust them to get it right! Anybody replaced theirs recently and can recommend one?

Alternatively, can anyone post up the specifications of the OEM UK battery?

Ah - 68

L/W/H -

CCA - 580

Searching threads threw up this suggestion - can anyone confirm that this one will fit?

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-005L-Varta- ... P3210.html

My specs are above. The 005L one will fit. IMO the halfords one is expensive. Also you cant just plug and play, the JDM terminals need to changed to UK ones and the +ve one is fused. I got mine from R35Lee.

:thumbs: