Hissing from the speakers with ignition on.

northernuk

SIlver 07 Roadster..

There is pronounced hissing noise from the speakers with ignition on but stereo off. This continues at the same level with the stereo on so if you play it quietly you can hear the hiss through it. Oddly enough if you turn the stereo sound sound right down the hiss fades out after about 15 secs but comes back as soon as you turn the sound back up. I know Amps can cause his but to the extent it actually spoils the sound???

It maybe a bit of a red herring but there was something in the glove compartment as there is a hole and velcro in the removeable panel under the carpet. There are also 4 wires taped up underneath. Possibly another amp? Can't have been multichanger with only 3 or 4 wires surely?

I expected better from an upgraded Bose sound system to be honest.

Jeez, being a sound system ignoramus I thought the idea of getting quality systems like Bose was to reduce this type of his. With the stereo on fairly quietly it sounds like a valve set... well not really but you get my meaning. I would expect this from a Goodmans set up but not Bose. Sounds good when I crank it up and guess that's what it is all about. Something akin to F1 cars being the most advanced there is but can hardly tick over smoothly. It's in the design..

Anyway, enough rambling... Thanks for the feedback.

Geddit... see what I did there.. feedback... Oh well. Will get my coat... :wave: