double din screen

bodyboarder

yep just need all the right looms and away you go , ive got double din in using the bose amp to run the main speakers and another for a new proper sub . only thing to make sure of is you need 3 sets of preouts (well you can run 2 but if you want to add a real sub youl need a 3rd sub out) and go for high voltage preouts to or youl loose tonnes of volume.

other than that its no different to any other HU swap.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16403

everything you need is in there , as for headunit well you said you need ipod and i would advise bluetooth . most units these have them so unless you need nav it sjust set your budget take your pick. I went the JVc route as it was one of the cheapest that had everytgin i needed but the new pioneer range look to be real bargins .

if you dont need nav then

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-avh-3200bt.html

looks lieka cracking unit and the previous gen was very popular on here and i havent seen any complains so far .

I have just recently installed the Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd and think it's amazing, prob a bit OTT for what you want. All I would say is, if you just want ipod might be worth going down the Alpine route as they were the first ones to do a proper iPod connection and as such might still have the best connections. I know they were the only manufacturer for a long time that did connections that could operate the iPod and at a fast speed too. Sommat like this possibly

sorry for the post hack but can you get the phone controls on the steering wheel to work with these headunits aswell?
I'm fairly sure the phone controls only work with the Bury car kit. The same goes for the microphone as well I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...