Tyre Fitters in Portsmouth area ?

Sylvester

Micheldever do seem to be the place of choice in the South / South East at the moment, so if you want to enjoy the last mm of tread then take a drive......! :)

Post an update on the tyres too to let us know how you find them? Bit of a minefield but worth people's opinions.

Thanks guys.

Micheldevers seems to be the place most recommended here ( and elsewhere.. :ninja: ) and I don't get to drive as much as I should so the trip will be welcome! Wonder how many black lines I can leave on the M3 to finish off the stones....

Now, does anyone know if you can fit 4 tyres into a Zed and if so how ? Or will I need to make 2 trips :scare:

Glad to help mate!! :thumbs:

You can get 4 in the Z! One goes in the boot under the strut brace and drops down onto the boot floor. The second one has to go in through the passenger side and sit behind the seats (you need to remove the passenger headrest!) The other 2 will fit side by side on the passenger seat strapped in with the seatbelt! Makes it a bit tight on the handbrake but it will go!!

Tried and tested method this morning to see if you could fit them in!! ;)

Hi Andy,

Tuesday... very disappointing... :(

Thanks for the chasing. Come on Toyo - pull your finger out... after all the sooner I get them the sooner I can wear them out and buy some new ones :drive1

Please padlock the fronts to something to make sure they don't roll away to someone else :lol:

Please PM me with any news as back to work now so not as much time to surf.. :thumbdown:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Finally got the Toyos delivered this morning - thanks Andy - good price too! Managed to get them in the Zed fine using the method Andy suggested.

Drove the 50 miles to micheldevers ( after checking they would fit them... just needed to take proof of purchase to avoid them fitting stolen ones ).

Asked them to be careful with the Rays as they sratch so easily. Well I guess they were more carefull than a backstreet fitter would have been but not especially so. As a result I have picked up a few more scratches on the insides of the bolt resesses.

Won't bother to make the 100 mile round trip to them again in the future.

All very slick and big operation and that but I was hoping for some TLC :thumbdown:

I know lots of you guys take much better care of your cars than I do - how do you keep your alloys pristine ? Seems every time they are touched the bolt holes get scratched...

Hi mate, glad to help out and i'm only sorry Toyo didn't get their finger out fast enough. Hope my collegue was of assistance to you as well, I had to take a few emergency days off work to sort out some Best Man duties for my brothers wedding after some key plans went massivley wrong!!!

If there is anything else I can help you with, plese let me know.

Hi Andy,

thanks mate - yep Will sorted things out in the end. Like you say Toyo seemed to be a bit of a pain but all sorted now and from what I can see quoted elsewhere a good wad of dosh cheaper too... :teeth:

As for helping out any more yes.... get your bloody tyre fitting capabilities sorted out asap :p That way I will not have to go to Micheldevers again and get new scratches in the bolt holes..... :angry::angry: ( Ok they are only small but I know they are there! )

Thanks again mate... maybe talk to you in 10K miles or so!

Glad to help mate and pleased we managed to save you a fair few pennies!!

Plans are afoot for the fitting facility so should be up and running when you are ready for your next batch! Sorry we couldn't fit them for you this time around.

Cheers,

Andy