Major Headlight Problem

Rob-Hughes

Hi there all, hopefully somebody can help me out.

Firstly the car, I have a 2004 (04) UK spec GT. I bought the car slightly modified and am finding more mods all the time. Can somebody tell me what headlights I should have, i.e halogen, HID or xenon? They have a blue tint to the edge of the beam and a 4 pin connector if that helps?

I need to have LHD lights fitted to conform to the British Army Germany rules. I got a set of LHD lights from Holland, these have conventional halogen bulbs and a 3 pin connector. Can I remove the wiring anf associated bits from my UK lights and fit them to the replacements?

I am totally threaders with it at the mo, if I dont get this sorted the car will sit on the drive and not move, because it wont be allowed on camp. I am considering selling it as I wont let it rot outside the house, I dont really want to sell by the way.

Any help would be appreiciated guys.

Many thanks, Rob

Hi mate, stick up some pics of the rear of the headlights, if you have a Uk car then you should have Hid's which mean the grey connector for the wiring will have 8 pins on it, your halogen set will not have the automatic height adjuster that the Uk ones have so the grey wiring connector will only have 6 pins.

it is possible to strip the wires from the connectors and swap them over, and this should solve your problem , once the lights are off the car swapping the wiring should only take 10 mins :thumbs:

hope this helps and if you have any more questions fire away

Paul